This, is a line of people, otherwise known in the modern and civilized world as a Queue. Up until a few days ago I firmly believed that in England this concept of forming a line was sacred and holy. However, I was proven wrong when a few days ago as I stood in Starbucks holding a sandwich and a fist full of money a group of young women decided to prance past me in the queue, and smile and wave as they did so. The queue was long, but nobody else noticed, as they where males who decided that as the people who had decided to jump in front of us where female, they would not respond.
This was not the case with me, and my inner posh fury bubbled up to it's highest level: Severe Indignation. I looked at the people and cut their childish giggling short as I erupted into the following speel:
"Excuse me ladies, but in case you have not noticed, there is a very long queue here, which you have just jumped. Are you aware how queues work? No? I guessed not. Allow me to explain. When you see a line of people, what you do, is get to the back of that line and wait, like intellgient human beings, worthy of being at a University. You do not lumber forwards, smiling and waving as you do so, in an attempt to form a dis-organised mob at the front of this shop."
One of the women-folk looked at me, and said "F*** off" this made me even more angry, and I replied:
"You are really not doing yourself any favors here. In response to a well worded argument you tell me to F*** off, you really are lowest form of human life. Know, on behalf of everyone else in this queue, a concept you have yet to appreciate, take your things, and go. Come back later, when you have managed to develop something above the size of a pea inside that thing you call a skull"
Several members of the queue started to clap, as the group of horrified ladies left Starbucks to go and develop brains, one of them even apologized to me when they saw me later on in the day.
Mission accomplished ladies and gentlemen.

Hazzar! Our University shall be purged!
ReplyDeleteA friend and I were moved by your plight and decided to create a graphic novel of your experience at Starbucks. The finished work can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/BhNfrLW.png?1
ReplyDelete