Translate

Sunday, 9 September 2012

University

The end is coming.

I have lived in the South West of England all my life, and for 12 years I have lived in the same small village, with the same two people, my Mum and Dad. 

The only time I spent away from this Village was in a foster home is Portsmouth, but we won't go into that (so ha!).It really feels strange to actually, finally, be moving away from it all. I go to university in 6 days and have my driving test in 5, so as you can imagine, its a pretty stressful week for me all round really. 

However, I am not worried about my driving test. Instead, I am absolutely terrified about going to university. No, really I am.Its a weird time to be in my head; there is an odd mixture of excitement and a little dash of terror running around in there. Questions buzz through my rather empty brain, what if I run out of money? What if I don't fit in? And what's going to happen?

But being me, I have adopted my usual ethos, and will just simply not care about it until I arrive. I wholeheartedly intend to turn up to my accommodation, and then invite myself into the homes of my neighbours. 

I am good at that; flamboyant spontaneity. I shall arrive at their homes, as there will not be many of us arriving on the day I do, and will do my best to introduce myself in my usual way.After all, if they don't like it, they can always keep it to themselves?

This brings me onto my other final point, something I remind anyone starting uni: Everyone is in that same boat as you. In my case, my boats probably a lot more bizarre than theirs, and lacks the life ring of having a social life (really, the highlight of my social life so far has been winning the egg and spoon race). 

But that's not the point. I am sure they are all as scared as me, and I can only help by arriving at their doors late in the evening. I mean who doesn't love the eccentric stranger who randomly turns up without warning?That's all from me today. 

I may post again tomorrow, but if I don't, get over it yeah?

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention the fact you've never been to school anywhere but the happy bubble that is park :L

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Happy Bubble', in my defense I went to a state school once :P For 3 months.

    ReplyDelete