Translate

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Day one: The terrifying moment when I opened a Blog

Today, the First of August, 2012, I decided to open a blog. It probably wasn't a very good idea, it takes a lot of time and effort I am told. Time, I have a lot of, effort, I find I am rather lacking. However, I opened a blog, a glorious, pre-templated blog, courtesy of those nice folks at Google.

Anyways, at the time, it seemed like a very good idea, I had spent a great deal of time thinking about it, about 10, maybe 15 minutes. This for me, is a long time, and many great and life changing decisions can occur during this short time bracket. Regardless, I decided to proceed, naturally, being an 18 year old with access to the wide world of the internet, I deemed it necessary to notify over 300 people that I intended to start a blog, on the great utility that is Facebook. However, being Facebook, few people cared, simply ignored it, or where to swamped in advertising to give it any attention.

However, about three people did, and I was so overjoyed at this brief spark of kindness from my fellow man, that in a desperate and futile urge to ingratiate myself with the wider populous I typed "What shall I call it? The baffling Brain ofaron"

Yes, that wasn't a typo, I actually did spell my own name wrong.

So, lesson one, in the harsh and unforgiving world of the blogger, if you are going to make a blog, make sure that in your initial advertising, you have the good sense to spell you own name correctly.

This is Aaron Newbury, in his first post in the world of blogging!

2 comments: